Be in Tune with Your Body
- Keep track of your periods, especially noting longer cycles or the absence of periods.
- Keep hydrated, replenishing your body with extra fluids after bouts of exercise.
- After exercise, your hunger may not immediately be present. Make sure to supply your body with the calories it needs after a workout (despite having a decreased appetite).
- Satisfy your body’s need for a variety of nutrients by eating a balanced diet of diverse foods as opposed to a bland, repetitive diet.
Accepting your body
- No two bodies are the same. Avoid comparing your body to your friends or teammates.
- Focus on what your body can do as opposed to what it looks like. Your body will do amazing things if you listen to it!
- The media portrayal of the “perfect body type” is what is distorted…NOT YOUR BODY!